Sunday, March 10, 2013

Welcome Home!

Welcome to my first blog! 

(Disclaimer for poor grammar and scattered thoughts)

About me:
I am your average late-20-something working for Corporate America and living in stereotypical suburbia. With a type "A" personality and crazy-unruly (vermillion colored) hair, I love to spend the little free time I have puttering around projects at home and relaxing with my little family.



Speaking of family:
Just over a year ago I married my Dear Husband (DH) who is also a cubicle-dweller 8-5 M-F. In his free time, he enjoys computer/video games, grilling, and rolling his eyes at me as I curse through my latest project.
About a month ago DH and I added a new member to our family, our darling little Eva (ee-va). She is now a 16 lb, 4 month old sweetie pie puppy. Her mom was a Malti-Poo and we think her dad may have been a Schnauzer?

Home:
Last November DH and I bought our first home! A two-story 1990 house in stereotypical suburbia: cul-de-sack and fenced in yards and all!
I consider myself an amateur handy-woman, but smart enough not to take on the dangerous jobs! So far after four months in our house, I have fixed 3 different toilets, the refrigerator 3 different times, the furnace fan, an electric socket... but, also failed to fix a buzzing breaker, installing a gas dryer, the furnace, and an outdoor flood light. My current project is turning the closet by the garage into a "mud room" and I'm still struggling over paint colors.

Garden:
Prior to this house, we had always rented and didn't have room for a garden, so all my gardening experience has been container gardening. (See the picture with my giant trellised tomato and cucumber plants from last year.)
Most of this year is just trying to figure out what is already in the garden and cleaning it up. As far as veggies go, I am going to try raised beds if I have the time to build them! 

The idea of this blog is to give an entertaining log of our adventures with family, pets, homemaking, and gardening.
Hopefully you will have a fun time reading, and maybe even learn something along with me!

~ Vermillion Curls

No comments:

Post a Comment