Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Wedding Scrapbook Album

I did it. I didn't think it would ever be done, but I did it. I completed our wedding scrapbook album!
Just in time for our three year anniversary!

I'm sure it will sit on the shelf collecting dust for a few years, but years from now I know I will be glad I took the time to do this.

I tried to make it pretty much chronological to walk through our special day.
I usually "free-form" scrapbook where I just play with the pictures until they look good. Then I add layers of paper behind the photos, and add stickers/notes/ribbon on top.

Sorry for the insane amount of pictures... It turned out a lot longer than I was expecting! (I also tried to cover up all the personal information.)


Invitations and Save-the-Dates made by SisX.
I had forgotten my veil, so I had to call Dad who came to the rescue and brought it to the hairdresser! 
Bolero was hand-knit by Mom.
Something old: Mom's pearls in my bouquet. Something new: garter hand knit by friend. Something borrowed: Mom's earrings. Something blue: ... none of your business!
Programs also designed by SisX. (Note: standard paper is NOT acid free, so I had to spray all programs and invitations with an acid-free spray, making them archival safe.)
Our Mom's lighting the unity candle. The aisle was so long, FIL (father in law) counted it out to be 82 steps!
AMAZING stained glass windows over 6 stories high. 
Our pastor often writes some articles for the local paper, and just happened to include part of his sermon from our ceremony in an article! 
Dear Husband (DH) composed a song for my birthday when we were dating. He played the same song when he proposed, so we had it played when we lit the unity candle.
The kiss!
Signing, making it legal.
Family photos!
For a January wedding, we had BEAUTIFUL weather in the mid 40's!
One of our first date sites: The Chocolate Cafe.
We also stopped at home to get some pictures with Pete. My childhood dog who I owe everything to, since he made DH a dog person!
FIL brewed three different beers for the downtime before the reception: "Amberaceable You" amber beer, "Rings of Gold" golden ale, and "Stout-Hearted Love" oatmeal stout.
The half-keg was originally tied to FIL and MIL's (Mother in Law) car at their wedding!
Our cake toppers were made by an artist friend. We requested our Chinese zodiac animals! I'm a tiger and DH is a dragon. 
Our song: "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
Father-Daughter and Mother-Son dance.
Dancing the night away... one of the few "oops" of the day is that I had put my maiden name on my place card! 
The guest book (also made by SisX) was decorative pages for people to sign, then put their fingerprint and embellish. (There are six more pages of fingerprints, but covering up the names would cover the entire page!)

Whew! It took me at least three straight months, but I think it was worth it. 
Next up: albums for both my sisters' weddings!

No comments:

Post a Comment