Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Stitch Fix #3 - Fail, but Wonderful Wedding Fashion

So you may remember that I signed up for a monthly installment of Stitch Fix - a type of personalized online shopping. (Here was the previous "fix" that I wrote about.)

Unfortunately, this month didn't pan out so well... here, take a look:

First top? Gross. It was a baggy cotton blend knit with drop shoulders. It was boxy and saggy. The only good thing was the color. Nope!

The second top (to the right) was also too boxy and didn't give any shape. As a short, busty woman, I've never been a fan of peasant tops. I also don't really like wearing translucent tops.


The third top was also translucent, and wasn't stretchy at all... so it kind of got stuck on my boobs and hips. See how it is bunched by the collar and my waist? Yeah, not happening.

The fourth item was a dress that looked so promising! At first glance, I really thought it was awesome (looks like Dear Husband did too...)




But then I looked at the back... and there was a funny gathering of the fabric in back.  Huh.



So then I realized that it was because I have a short torso! The straps need to be 3" shorter, or my torso needs to be 3" taller!
Oh well.

The last piece was actually fantastic. It was a delicate, artisan necklace with three silver rings.
The only problem is it was more expensive than I was wanting/willing to pay. If I knew the actual artist it would be different, but not for an impersonal piece.







But you know what saves the fashion day? All these beautiful ladies getting together to celebrate a very special wedding day!


 - On the far left we have a little black dress with some sequin sparkly accents - love how they complimented the lines of the dress. (She will be the bride next year! Congrats!)

- Next we have a darling plum number with a lacy cutout along the bottom. I simply adored the color of this with her skin tone. Perfect!

- Next up we have a wonderful black, lace covered dress. The gem here was the amazing open back (shame on me for not getting a picture) which she showed off flawlessly!

- Of course we have the bride! This dress speaks for itself. Oh, my goodness. I have to say it is perfect for her. The ivory/cream color was amazing with her skin tone, the amount of lace was perfect, with the shoulder straps framing her gorgeous face. The back had a lovely train which bustled beautifully. The belt had just the right amount of sparkle to set the whole thing off, taking it to the next level.

-Fourth from the right, we have a lovely blue, almost teal wrap-dress. You can't see it in this picture, but she paired it wit the most fabulous necklace. It had large peach-gold gemstones with smaller blue ones below it. It makes me wish I was bold enough to pull of a large necklace like she could!

- Next we have another little black dress hiding in the back... but you see that skinny waistline? Yeah, and she just had a beautiful little baby girl only 4 weeks ago! Needless to say, she was looking amazing!

- Second from the right we have a beautiful scoop-neck navy dress with lacy straps. The ruching frames her barely-there sweet, tiny baby bump which is holding twins!

- And all the way on the right, I wore a little black dress with an asymmetrical neckline and strategically placed  gathering to visually "redistribute" some generous curves.

But don't be fooled! We aren't only a stunning group of ladies... we are also strong, independent, and brilliant. Between the eight of us, we hold 8 bachelors degrees, a handful of "minors" (in business, marketing, etc.), a Law Degree, a Professional Engineer, a Masters for physical therapy, an MBA, and a soon-to-be Doctorate! (And I'm probably missing some too.)
Talk about a power-house and the whole package!

I still think I rounded out everything perfectly with my perfect match. Look how handsome he is!
















No comments:

Post a Comment