Wednesday, November 13, 2013

First Snow

Last weekend, before the snow hit, I was able to spray paint a couple coats on my latest thrift find: a mirrored tray.
I picked this up at a local antique/thrift shop for a whopping $4. A design trick is to place things together on a tray to make them look more cohesive, like they belong together. It is tough to tell but it started out a very pale gold,which does not fit my color scheme.
I scrubbed it quick to get any thrift shop ickyness off of it. After it dried, I sprayed it with a couple coats of grey primer.


Then I used a "brushed nickel" spray paint to give it the right finish. I like the way it turned out, even though it isn't quite as "lustrous" as I would have hoped.
Now it will hold all the guest bathroom fru-fru's



Well we just got our first snow of the season. You would think it would be a nice little dusting, but no... not up here with the lake effect.
According to the tape measure, the snow on the deck was 11" and that was after it melted a bit. Official forecast said 13".




 Eva was born last year so she is used to the snow and charges in like a champ. Too bad this first snowfall is higher than her chest, so had to try and bound across the yard.













  Of course this is the perfect snow, where it is light and fluffy but packs together perfectly for snowballs. This left Eva's fur packed with little snowballs and started bogging her down after fifteen minutes. She was also starting to get cold so it was time to come in... and next time we will try the doggie booties to keep her paws warm.
















No comments:

Post a Comment