Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bunny Bench

I don't own a rabbit. I've never "played with" a rabbit.
I don't really know what they like or don't like, so I had to do my research.
Since we were doing a "homemade Christmas" for the people in our family, I made presents for the pets too since pets are family!
Dear Husband (DH) wasn't too thrilled with my improvised building space (see right), but I can't very well build out in the snow!

Using scrap material from other projects, (making sure they were safe for bunnies first) I was able to build this "bunny bench" for just the cost of the toys attached to it. I got the idea here, but I have no idea if Super Joe, the receiving rabbit, will like it or not. 
I did do my research to make sure what I built was safe for Super Joe.
I used untreated pine (left over from my garden trellis), Elmer's non-toxic white glue, sisal rope, and 3 hanging toys specifically for rabbits.

It is approximately a foot by a foot and a half, and 10 inches tall. After cutting all the pieces, I sanded them all down as we don't want bunny splinters.
I assembled it with nails and a few screws. While I did sink the nails and screws down, BroD (the owner) will need to check and monitor to make sure none come loose or stick out.
Then I drilled some holes all the way around to hang the rope and toys for Super Jo to play with.

(It is not your imagination or camera perspective... it is very crooked due to warped scrap wood.)

BroD, sent pictures and Super Jo likes playing with it! He took to it right away.




2 comments:

  1. He's been climbing on top of it lately. I've encouraged him to do so with the occasional banana chip reward. Everyone should be rewarded for being adventuresome.

    -BroD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I wish I got rewarded with banana chips!

      Delete