Friday, June 6, 2014

Back to the books

Not too many people know this, but I am a (very) amateur Scrapbooker.
The reason you haven't heard about this before, is that I haven't done it in a while. Ok, a really long while.
I could tell you that I have been busy with other projects (which is true) but the real reason, is that I am intimidated. What could put such trepidation in the heart of a "scrapper"? The monstrous task of a Wedding Album! Dun-dun-dunnn!

Over two years ago, I collected all the pictures and memorabilia from our wedding with the full intention of creating a beautiful Wedding Book... and I haven't touched it since. It is the elephant in my craft room.

So in order to get myself back into scrapbooking gear, I signed up for a free class at the craft store. It was less of a formal class, and more just dedicated time (outside of the home) set aside for crafting. Sometimes that is all you need. 
Too often, unless I schedule specific time for something, it doesn't happen. Is that just me?

Instead of jumping right into the wedding album, I decided to get my feet wet with a couple pages of Eva. I grabbed some of the cutest photos and here is what I ended up with. 
I like them!

This motivated me to start at least organizing the wedding photos, and I got them sorted into groups of before, during, and after the ceremony. 

With that momentum I was able to start sorting the scrapbook supplies into categories (stamps, punches, adhesives, holiday stuff, etc.) So while the craft room is still a DISASTER, believe it or not this is much better than what it was!

So, what is the elephant in your craft room?


No comments:

Post a Comment