Saturday, October 18, 2014

Grandpa's Peppers

It is the end of the harvesting season for me, and I am just starting to clear out the garden in preparation of frost and snow. It seems like Spring was just here, and Summer was non-existent!

I got a few bags of tomatoes diced and frozen in the freezer to be used for sauces through the Winter. I did the same process last year blanching, peeling, packing, and freezing the tomatoes

This year, along with the tomatoes, I have been picking Grandpa H's (GPaH) peppers! These grew from the surprise seeds I received in the mail from GPaH this past spring.

They are sweet bell peppers, and some of them stayed green while others turned yellow! They were just so pretty, and everyone in the family loved eating them raw (even Eva got a small piece!)

Yum yum! Thanks GPaH!
  




No comments:

Post a Comment